SBI UPI App – Download SBI Pay Application for UPI Payments
SBI UPI App is being searched all over the internet but there is no app with actual name SBI UPI App or even the word UPI. This is the reason why people can’t find the application easily. The reason is that SBI has named the UPI App for SBI as SBI Pay and doesn’t have the word UPI in it.
So in order to search for it, you’ll have to download the application from Play Store directly using the search term SBI Pay App.
What is SBI Pay App?
SBI Pay App is the UPI App by SBI for online payments.
UPI or United Payment Interface is a payment system that unites bank account with personal identification number or mobile number or VPA also called as Virtual Private Address.
The UPI facility can be added to any banking application thus making the application a UPI App.
SBI Pay App is such a UPI App. It is the only official SBI UPI App available for making UPI payments using SBI bank account application.
However, you can use the SBI UPI App to make payments from any bank account at all.
How to start using SBI UPI App or SBI Pay App?
For SBI UPI App or SBI Pay app to use, you need to have following things –
- You need to have a bank account however doesn’t matter whether you’ve a SBI bank account or not. You can use SBI Pay App or SBI UPI App with any bank account at all, may be whether it is a bank account of Axis Bank, HDFC Bank or any other bank at all.
- You need to have your registered mobile number with you to register a VPA for yourself. So you need to verify your mobile number to start using SBI UPI App or SBI Pay app.
- Create your own VPA address and start using it.
How to create VPA using SBI Pay App or SBI UPI App?
To create VPA using SBI UPI App, do the following –
- Go to the bank account section in the SBI Pay App.
- You’ll be asked to choose a VPA. Choose your own customized VPA there.
- You can choose what the prefix of VPA would be but the suffix will always be SBI. So your account will be as – accountVPA@SBI.
- Now enter your own name.
- Enter your email address.
- Choose a security question.
- Enter the answer for that.
- Next page will show your own bank account number but only last digits.
- Ahead, you’ll be prompted to set MPIN for SBI UPI App or SBI UPI App.
How to set MPIN in SBI UPI App or SBI Pay App?
To set up MPIN in SBI Pay App or SBI UPI App, do the following –
- You need your debit/credit card details.
- Go to account management section in the UPI App.
- Select your account.
- Click on “Set MPIN”
- Enter last 6 digits of your debit card.
- Enter the expiry date of your card.
- Verify your mobile number via OTP.
- Enter the MPIN you want to set
Transferring Money using SBI UPI App or SBI Pay App
To transfer money using SBI Pay app or SBI UPI app, follow these steps –
- Enter the SBI UPI App or SBI PAY App through the MPIN you created.
- Select the Pay option
- Select an account from the list of accounts you’ve added.
- Enter the VPA of a payee.
- Confirm the details fetched. Name of Payee will show up, confirm it.
- Enter the amount.
- Enter your remarks
- Click on Pay
- Enter MPIN
- Find the receipt.
Our SBI UPI App review
After using the SBI UPI App or SBI PAY App, we are sure that it is one of the simplest and fastest UPI Apps. Additionally since it is by SBI itself, being the largest bank in India, it will definitely integrate UPI in other apps of itself. It has all the facilities that we need from a UPI App and so we recommend use of SBI UPI App or SBI Pay app for online banking.