Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
Last year on May 1, 2016 our honorable Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. The main aim of the scheme was to bring happiness to the faces of the poor families of India. Under this scheme, poor women will get free LPG gas connections. It is similar to other beneficial Schemes for the vindication of the people of our country just like Garib Kalyan Yojana, Kaushal Vikas Pahal Yojana, and Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
Also check: Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
As it is known that in the last year name of Aadhar number was made mandatory for everyone to get LPG subsidy. The government has now made this arrangement mandatory for giving free LPG connection to women of BPL families.
Under the scheme, the Government of India will provide 50 million BPL families with free LPG connection in the next 3 years. In the current financial year (2016-17), there is a target to provide LPG connections to 1.5 million BPL (Below Poverty Line) families.
How to apply for Ujjawala Yojana?
If you want to take who wants to take benefits of the scheme, then you will have to submit the Yojana form and submit it to his nearest LPG distribution center. Ujjwala scheme application is totally free of cost and can be obtained from the nearest LPG distribution center or can be downloaded online too. It is necessary to fill all the information sought for in 2-page application form such as name, address, Aadhaar card number, public money / bank account number etc.
- Applicants can choose between two cylinder options – 14.2 kg and 5 kg at the time of application.
- The scheme covers the security deposit of the cylinders, pressure regulator, DGCC, security hoses and installation and management charges.
List of Documents required for the Ujjawala Yojana
There are number of documents that are required under this scheme. We have listed all the required documents below:
- BPL certificate authorized by panchayat officer or municipal Head
- BPL ration card
- A photo ID such as Aadhar card or Voter ID
- A passport size photo
- Driving license
- Lease agreement
- Voter ID
- Bill of telephone, electricity or water
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Aadhaar card
- Self-declaration letter verified by gazetted officer
- Ration card
- Flat allocation / possession letter
- Housing registration documents
- LIC Policy
- Bank / credit card statement
It should be noted that it is not important to attach all the documents.
Eligibility for Ujjwala Yojana
People who are desirous to take the benefits under the scheme should be eligible. The main points of eligibility are as follows:
- All the information given by the applicant will be matched with the SECC-2011 data and after this it will be decided whether the applicant is eligible for the scheme or not.
- The age of the applicant should be at least 18 years or more.
- The applicant should be a woman who belongs to the BPL family, men can not apply for this scheme.
- Applicant must have BPL certificate or BPL ration card
- There should not be any LPG connection with the name of anyone in the applicant’s house.
- All information given by the applicant in the application form should be proper.