After, such a long time HDFC bank has adopted the Unified Payments Interface (UPI). Hence, it is now live on HDFC Bank’s mobile banking app. All the Banks which are linked with UPI can also sign up and create a VPA HDFC (virtual payment address) and can also link their bank accounts with the app. After the introduction to this, India’s top three private sector banks viz. ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, and Axis Bank have become live on this payments platform. It should be noted that HDFC launched the HDFC UPI app “Chillr“.
Using the Chillr app users can send money on the spot from their HDFC Bank account to anyone whose number is saved in your phone number list by using his ‘UPI ID’ or by ‘Account number & IFSC code’. Using this app user can also recharge, pay bills, or request money by your contacts.
HDFC Bank UPI Registration
In order to use the HDFC Bank UPI app users will have to download this HDFC Mobile banking app to do the HDFC UPI registration. If you are an HDFC bank customer you can use this app. First, this app was only available for the android platform but now it is also available for windows platform and HDFC UPI iPhone can also use it. Currently, the UPI functionality is only available for android and iOS app.
How to use HDFC UPI App?
To use the HDFC App users can follow these simple set of steps:
- Firstly, Download the HDFC Mobile banking app from the Google PlayStore or if you are an iOS user, download it from Itunes Apple Store and Install the app.
- Now click on the app to Open it. To use this app you will have to use a 4 digit pin (this is not your ATM Pin). You can set it by entering your mobile number and customer ID no. As soon as the mobile number matches the record with the number you provide in the bank you will be able to set PIN.
- You can also access by going through the UPI button given on the first page.
- After this step, you will have to register for UPI. Now select a virtual payment address which is just like an email address in which you have to enter your name a secret question and its answer.
- Tap on HDFC Bank and press Next.
- Now if you have more than one account in HDFC bank, select the bank account number which would be used for the given account number.
- After registering for the UPI, you will have to set the MPIN. MPIN is used everytime you transfer money from your account to another account while using UPI platform. MPN provides a great security if compared to the mobile wallets.
- In order to set your MPIN, you will have to enter your Debit card details. You’ll have to enter the details only once. After this, UPI Registration and MPIN process will be complete. It’s only one-time process.
- If you want to send money to some person then just click on ‘UPI’. Select any of the given payment options. Following tasks can be performed by the help of UPI.
- Payment to any VPA of any bank.
- Payments can be made via the help of IFSC code.
- Receiving the amount from another VPA
- Know the Transaction status.