Garib Kalyan Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana: In the year 2015-16, our Honorable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi launched a new scheme for the economically weaker sections of the country. This scheme has been linked to other social eradication schemes. This scheme was designated as the Prime Minister’s Garib Kalyan Yojana. It is one of the poverty alleviation schemes launched on 16 December 2016 and is valid till 31 March 2017. This scheme is another great step just like the Lucky Grahak Yojana
What is PM Garib Kalyan Yojana?
As we already know that in the last year black money was banned by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, now the central government has stepped up another step in this direction. The central government has started a new scheme to make Black money into white, which is named ‘Prime Minister’s poor welfare scheme, under this scheme, black money can be whitened by paying 50 percent tax. This scheme will run until March 31, 2017.
Garib Kalyan Yojana PIB
The main purpose of this scheme is to help the economically weaker sections of our country. Initiating the scheme, Shri Narendra Modi had said that for the development of any country or nation, the welfare of the poor people should be given first priority. Prime Minister’s poor welfare scheme is a direct fight against poverty in India.
Aso check: Difference between BHIM And UPI
What is the Last Date of this Yojana?
- This plan will be closed on March 31, 2017.
- Under this disclosure, 50 percent tax and penalty will be imposed.
- The remaining 25 percent will be deposited in the bank for 4 years, which will not get any interest.
How to pay Tax in this Garib Kalyan Yojana?
- If your undisclosed income turns out to be 10 lakhs or more, then you have to pay 30 percent of Rs 10 lakh i.e. 3 lakhs of income tax.
- Apart from that, 10 percent, that is, you will have to pay Rs 1 lakh as income of pension and 33 per cent of 30 per cent i.e. that is 3 lakh rupees for 99 thousand rupees.
- According to that, you have to pay 50 per cent of the penalty of Rs 10 lakhs i.e. Rs 4,99,000.
Name of people will not be revealed
- The names of those who tell about the undisclosed income will not be disclosed.
- Whole income can be confiscated on taxation and the minimum tax will be approximately 77 percent.
- The government has given the warning that those who will be caught after March 31, 2017, will not be left.
Penalty will be taken on the deposit
- In order to take advantage of the Prime Minister’s Gareeb Kalyan Yojana scheme, the person has to pay 30 percent tax on deposits, 33 percent surcharge on tax and 10 percent penalty.
- It will be approximately 50 percent of the amount deposited.
- No interest will be available on this amount and this amount will be blocked for 4 years.
- Apart from this, 25 percent of the declaration amount will be deposited under the PM’s Garib Kalyan Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana Form
- After depositing the money in the bank, the person will have to declare the money through the declaration to the principal commissioner or to the commissioner.
- With the declaration, the person will have to deposit the amount deposited in the bank and also the proof of tax on it.
- For the declaration, the form decided by the government will be filled and after this, it will be validated by the officials.
It has been stated that the Government of India will use the money (received under PMGKY) in the well-being of the poor people in our country.